- Red Fort
- Lotus Temple
- India Gate
- National Museum
- Qutub Minar
- Humayun's Tomb
- Akshardham Temple
- Connaught Place
- Nehru Planetarium
Delhi, the capital city of India, is a great destination for a family visit due to its rich cultural heritage, diverse culinary scene, and numerous attractions. Families can explore the city's many historical sites, such as the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, and Humayun's Tomb, and learn about India's rich history and culture.
In addition to historical sites, Delhi is also known for its vibrant markets, where families can shop for souvenirs, traditional Indian handicrafts, and clothes. Popular markets in Delhi include Chandni Chowk, Connaught Place, and Khan Market.
Delhi is also famous for its food, and families can indulge in delicious street food, such as chaat, parathas, and kebabs, or dine at upscale restaurants serving Indian and international cuisine. With its many attractions and activities, Delhi is a city that offers something for everyone, making it an excellent destination for a family vacation.
In this blog, we'll take a look at 10 must-visit places in Delhi for families. Keep reading.
10 must-visit places in Delhi with family
1) Red Fort
The Red Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that attracts millions of tourists every year. The fort was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century and served as the residence of the Mughal emperors for over 200 years. The fort is an architectural marvel, and its walls are made of red sandstone that gives it its name. Families can explore the fort and learn about its history while enjoying the sound and light show that takes place in the evening.
:- Nearest Metro Station: Chandni Chowk
- Audio guides are available in multiple languages to help visitors learn about the fort's history
- The light and sound show is an excellent way to experience the fort's grandeur
- Visitors can see the beautiful Mughal gardens inside the fort, including the Nahr-i-Bihisht or the Stream of Paradise.
2) Lotus Temple
The Lotus Temple is a Bahai House of Worship that attracts visitors from all over the world. The temple's design is inspired by a lotus flower and is made of white marble. The temple has won numerous awards for its architectural excellence and is a popular spot for families to visit. Visitors can spend time meditating and enjoying the serene environment inside the temple.
:- Nearest Metro Station: Kalkaji Metro Station
- The temple is open to people of all religions and beliefs.
- Visitors are required to maintain silence inside the temple.
- The temple has a beautiful garden where families can relax and enjoy the view.
3) India Gate
India Gate is a war memorial located in the heart of Delhi and is a must-visit for families. The gate was built in memory of Indian soldiers who died in World War I. Families can spend time exploring the surrounding gardens, enjoying a picnic, and taking photographs.
:- Nearest Metro Station: Central Secretariat
- The gate is illuminated at night, providing a stunning view of the monument.
- Street food vendors sell delicious food outside the gate, making it a great spot for a quick snack.
- The gate is surrounded by several other historical monuments that families can explore.
4) National Museum
The National Museum is a great place for families to learn about India's rich cultural heritage. The museum has a vast collection of artifacts, including sculptures, paintings, textiles, and manuscripts. Families can explore the museum and learn about India's history and culture.
:- Nearest Metro Station: Central Secretariat
- The museum has audio guides and guided tours for visitors.
- The museum has a children's section with interactive exhibits that are both educational and fun.
- The museum has a cafeteria that serves food and drinks.
KidZania is an indoor theme park that is a popular spot for families with young children. The park is designed to provide children with a fun and educational experience, where they can role-play and learn about different professions. The park has several activities, including a fire station, hospital, airport, and many more.
:- Nearest Metro Station: Noida Sector 18 Metro Station, Noida Sector 16 Metro Station
- The park has trained staff who supervise the children and ensure their safety.
- The park has a cafeteria that serves food and drinks.
- The park has several activities that are suitable for children of different ages.
6) Qutub Minar
Qutub Minar is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most iconic landmarks in Delhi. It is a 73-meter-tall minaret that was built in the 12th century. Families can explore the surrounding complex, which includes several other historical monuments, such as the Alai Darwaza and the Iron Pillar.
:- Nearest Metro Station: SAKET (Towards Samai Pur Badli) & Chhatarpur (Towards Huda City Centre)
- Visitors can climb up the minaret and enjoy a panoramic view of Delhi.
- The complex is surrounded by lush green gardens, making it a great spot for a picnic.
- The complex has a small museum where visitors can learn about the history of the monument.
7) Humayun's Tomb
Humayun's Tomb is another UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-visit for families. It is the tomb of Mughal Emperor Humayun and was built in the 16th century. The tomb's architecture is a blend of Persian and Mughal styles, making it a unique structure. Families can explore the tomb and the surrounding gardens.
:- Nearest Metro: JANGPURA
- The tomb is surrounded by a beautiful Mughal garden that is divided into four quadrants.
- Visitors can see the Isa Khan Niyazi Tomb, which is located within the complex.
- The tomb is illuminated at night, providing a stunning view of the monument.
8) Akshardham Temple
Akshardham Temple is a Hindu temple that was built in 2005 and is one of the largest temples in India. The temple's architecture is inspired by ancient Hindu scriptures and is a masterpiece of modern architecture. Families can explore the temple and its surrounding gardens.
:- Nearest Metro Station: Akshardham
- The temple has several exhibits that showcase Indian culture, history, and spirituality.
- The temple has a large musical fountain show that is a must-see for visitors.
- The temple has a food court that serves delicious vegetarian food.
9) Connaught Place
Connaught Place is a commercial and financial hub in Delhi and a popular destination for families. It is a circular market that has several shops, restaurants, and cafes. Families can spend time shopping, dining, and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere.
:- Nearest Metro: Rajiv Chowk Metro Station
- The market has several street performers who entertain visitors with their music and dance.
- The market has several landmarks, such as the Jantar Mantar and the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, which families can explore.
- The market has a variety of cuisines to choose from, making it a foodie's paradise.
10) Nehru Planetarium
The Nehru Planetarium is an educational and entertaining destination for families. The planetarium has several shows that explain the mysteries of the universe in a fun and interactive way. Families can learn about astronomy and space exploration while enjoying the shows.
:- Nearest Metro: LOK Kalyan Marg Station
- The planetarium has a 3D theater that provides an immersive experience.
- It Highlights a dome-shaped theatre with a capacity of 200 seats, where visitors can experience immersive shows about astronomy, space exploration, and the universe.
- The Nehru Planetarium also houses an astronomy gallery, a science center, and a library with a collection of books on astronomy and related subjects.
In conclusion, Delhi is a city rich in history, culture, and entertainment. It offers a wide range of attractions and activities suitable for families looking to spend quality time together. From visiting iconic monuments like the Red Fort and Qutub Minar to exploring the lush greenery of the Garden of Five Senses, Delhi has something for everyone.
If you are planning a trip to Delhi with your family, consider booking through EaseMyTrip. With our user-friendly platform and excellent customer service, we make the process of booking flight Tickets, hotels, and activities hassle-free. By using EaseMyTrip, you can save time and money while enjoying a memorable family vacation in Delhi. So don't wait any further. Book now!