Find comprehensive information about the country you are visiting including its population to climate.
Republic of Malawi
IST (-) 3 1/2 hrs
118,484 sq kms
Chichewa & English
06 Jul (Republic Day)
Kwacha (K) 1 = INR 0.3518
Varies from cool in the highlands to warm around Lake Malawi. Winter (May to July) is dry and nights can be chilly, particularly in the highlands. The rainy season runs from November to March. Around Lake Malawi, in winter, the climate is particularly dry with pleasant cooling breezes.
1 Jan New Year's Day. 15 Jan Chilembwe Day. 3 Mar Martyrs' Day. 2 Apr - 5 Apr Easter. 1 May Labour Day. 14 Jun Freedom Day. 6 Jul Republic Day. 11 Sep Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan). 13 Oct Mothers' Day. 25 Dec Christmas Day. 26 Dec Boxing Day.
Air Malawi ((QM))
Lilongwe (LLW) and Chileka (Blantyre) (BLZ)
Know everything about visa rules and visa information. Get all the information including details on Business & Tourist visas, rules on visitor policies, visa fees and forms with us.
Tourist / Business Visa
- The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 6 months.
- One visa application form (photocopy allowed).
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- A typed covering letter from the Applicant stating the purpose of travel, the duration of stay required and type of visa required (single or multiple).
- An Invitation letter.
- Hotel Confirmation.
- Proof of funds in the form of foreign exchange endorsement on the passport or copy of Credit Card.
- Bank statement for the last 6 months.
- Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
- Visa processing can take 3 to 5 days.
Visa Fee Details<
Read on to this section to find-out about details of the nearest embassy of country or consulate of the country you want to visit.
High Commission of the Republic of Malawi
F-63, Poorvi Marg, Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi- 110 057
Mon to Thu
1000 to 1200 hrs & 1400 to 1530 hrs
Honorary Consulate of Malawi in Chennai
No. 83/41, Armenian Street,
Chennai- 600 011
044- 2521 9524 & 2526 5243
044- 2527 9009
Monday to Friday
1100 to 1800 hrs.