For years, hill stations have acted as a respite for people frustrated with the hustle and bustle of city life. These serene locations have often invited travellers yearning for a breath of fresh air and have captivated them with stunning natural vistas and if this sounds familiar to you, now is the perfect time to plan a getaway from your busy life and find peace and solace amidst majestic mountains.
One of the easiest ways to travel and reach these paradises on Earth is through flights and if you are planning to book your flight tickets, don’t forget to avail discounts and offers on EaseMyTrip. Apply coupon code TRIPEMT to save huge on your domestic and international flight ticket booking.
Now that we have got you in the mood, let’s have a look at the top 10 hill stations in India that you must visit.
Nestled in the Himalayas, Shimla offers a captivating blend of colonial history and natural beauty. The Mall Road bustles with shops and eateries, while the Viceregal Lodge showcases historical grandeur.
Things to Do in Shimla:
- Explore the historic Viceregal Lodge
- Take a leisurely stroll along the Mall Road
- Visit Jakhoo Temple for panoramic views
Famous for its tea gardens and stunning vistas of the Kanchenjunga range, Darjeeling invites travelers to embrace a serene ambiance. The Toy Train, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, winds through the town's narrow streets.
Things to Do in Darjeeling:
- Experience a ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (Toy Train)
- Visit the Happy Valley Tea Estate for a tea tour
- Witness the sunrise at Tiger Hill
With its sprawling tea estates and biodiversity, Munnar, is a paradise for nature enthusiasts. Eravikulam National Park is home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr and offers breathtaking landscapes.
Things to Do in Munnar:
- Explore Eravikulam National Park for wildlife and breathtaking scenery
- Visit Tata Tea Museum to learn about tea processing
- Take a scenic boat ride at Mattupetty Dam
Known as the 'Queen of Hill Stations,' Ooty captivates with its botanical gardens and charming landscapes. The Government Rose Garden displays over 20,000 varieties of roses.
Things to Do in Ooty:
- Explore the Government Rose Garden
- Enjoy boating at Ooty Lake
- Visit the picturesque Botanical Gardens
Nestled in the Beas River Valley, Manali is a haven for adventure seekers. Solang Valley offers thrilling activities like skiing and paragliding, while the Hadimba Devi Temple exhibits unique architecture.
Things to Do in Manali:
- Indulge in adventure sports at Solang Valley
- Visit the Hadimba Devi Temple
- Soak in the therapeutic waters of Vashisht Hot Water Springs
Leh-Ladakh boasts stark yet mesmerizing landscapes and rich cultural heritage. The Shanti Stupa offers panoramic views of the region, and Pangong Lake's pristine blue waters leave visitors spellbound.
Things to Do in Leh-Ladakh:
- Visit the Shanti Stupa for panoramic views
- Explore the surreal beauty of Pangong Lake
- Experience the magnetic phenomenon at Magnetic Hill
The capital of Sikkim, Gangtok, charms visitors with its cultural richness and serene landscapes. Enchey Monastery showcases intricate architecture, while the Tsomgo Lake offers tranquility.
Things to Do in Gangtok:
- Visit the Enchey Monastery
- Experience tranquility at Tsomgo Lake
- Enjoy breathtaking views from Tashi Viewpoint
Nainital, nestled around Naini Lake, offers a peaceful retreat amidst the Himalayan ranges. Naina Devi Temple stands as a revered religious site, and the Snow View Point presents panoramic vistas.
Things to Do in Nainital:
- Seek blessings at Naina Devi Temple
- Boating and exploration of caves at Naini Lake
- Enjoy panoramic views from Snow View Point
Kodaikanal, known for its scenic beauty, star-shaped lake, and serene forests, is a treat for nature lovers. Coaker's Walk offers panoramic views of the surrounding valleys.
Things to Do in Kodaikanal:
- Explore the star-shaped Kodaikanal Lake
- Trek along Coaker's Walk for panoramic views
- Visit the serene Berijam Lake
Gulmarg is a paradise for adventure enthusiasts, offering skiing opportunities and stunning landscapes. The Gulmarg Gondola ride presents breathtaking aerial views of the region.
Things to Do in Gulmarg:
- Experience skiing adventures in winter
- Take the Gulmarg Gondola ride for breathtaking views
- Trek through the stunning Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve
The Bottom Line
To sum it up, these hill stations offer respite from the hustle and bustle of city life. With their stunning vistas and marvels, each destination presents their unique charm and from cultural exploration to adventure and relaxation, travelers can immerse themselves in diverse experiences while visiting these places.
So pack your bags and get ready to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Plan a trip to these amazing hill stations solo or with your friends with ease via EaseMyTrip.