Dubai is all set to play host to the World Expo in the Middle East, Africa, and South Africa region. The Dubai Expo that was going to be held last year is now taking place on October 1st, 2021. The Expo will go on till 31st March 2022. The event was pushed due to the Corona Virus outbreak across the world.
The expo is going to take place in between Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The grand event will witness 60 shows every day and will have 191 country pavilions. Isn’t that amazing!? This article is your ultimate guide to the mega event. So, let us begin.
1. The Entry Fee and Tickets
A single entry ticket will cost you Dh495. Interestingly, the entry is free for visitors under 18 years of age. The accompanying person will get a 50% discount as well. Apart from the single entry pass, there is a multiple entry pass that is available for Dh195.
2. The Grand Entry
The Dubai Expo is going to have three entry gates with themes like sustainability, opportunity, and mobility. The entry portals are 21 meters tall and 30 meters long. It is one of the best attractions you will find at the expo.
- How Do You Get There?
- If you are coming by metro then you need to take Route 2020.
- If you are taking a bus ride then you can catch it from different locations in Dubai and other Emirates. There are 27 low-floor buses that will move for free. There are 14 stops and the buses will arrive to pick you up after every three minutes.
- If you are taking a long drive follow the signs as soon as you reach the site.
- The parking is free of cost, having 26,000 parking spots open from 8:30 am to 1:30 am.
3. Stay During The Expo
Rove Hotel is taking bookings for the Dubai Expo 2020. A room will cost you Dh1000 per night. The hotel comprises 312 rooms, 19 suites, and impressive views of Al Wasl Plaza. The hotel is situated in the heart of the expo.
4. The Apps
There are apps that will guide you through the Dubai Expo. You can download the app and create your personal schedule of events and attractions. The expo is beginning on 1st October, so you will be able to download the app by then.
5. A Personalized Assistant
A personalized a0ssistant called ‘Amal’ is there to guide you at the Dubai Expo to answer all your queries. Amal is a chatbot that can communicate in ten different languages. This virtual assistant will have all the information regarding the shows and attractions while giving feedback throughout the six months of this world expo.
6. The IQ System
The Dubai Expo is also going to have a SmartQ System that will help you in every way. It will help you plan your visit, book your tickets, and turn up at the pavilion at the given time to avoid queuing. SmartQ Systems can also be used through the Expo Mobile App. Here you will get a GPS-Enabled Map with directions and a restaurant booking system. This will help you in reaching the site early.
7. The Theme of the Expo
The expo is going to have a theme called ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.’ The three thematic pavilions, i.e., Sustainability, Opportunity, and Mobility will be open for a limited period of time before the full opening of the expo. The Opportunity Pavilion is designed by AGi Architects, the Mobility Pavilion by Foster and Partners, and the Sustainability Pavilion by Grimshaw Architects.
- The Sustainability district will explore the coral reef. The district will have 300 seats.
- The Mobility Pavilion includes the world’s largest passenger lift, i.e., transporting 160 members and more per lift.
You will see six mascots in the Dubai Expo namely, Rashid, Salama, Latifa. Opti, Alif, and Terra. You will be surprised to know that Rashid and Latifa are eight and nine years old brother and sister. Salama is a Ghaf flowering tree and Alif, Terra, and Opti are guardian mascots of the pavilions respectively.
9. The Partners
Finally, the Dubai Expo is aimed at raising awareness about smart recycling. Following are the partners joining this campaign.
- L’Oreal is the beauty partner.
- Accenture is the Digital Services Premier Partner.
- Cisco is the Digital Network Partner.
- DP World is the Global Trade Partner.
- CNN is the Broadcasting Partner.
So, this is all the information related to the Dubai Expo 2020, which is going to take place on 1st October 2021. It is one of the biggest world affairs that you must attend. Book your tickets to Dubai Expo via EaseMyTrip. We wish you an exciting experience at the Dubai Expo.