According to the Passport Index, Singapore’s passport has been announced as the most powerful passport in the World with the highest visa-free score.
This will be the first time in the history that one Asian country has reached the highest place in the Passport Index with a visa-free score of 159. It means that Singapore passport holders have the visa-free access to around 173 countries in the World. So, you only need to worry about your international flights and other expanses. Visa is free for all Singapore passport holders.
"More and more people every year invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in a second passport to offer better opportunity and security for their families," founder and president of Arton Capital Armand Arton added.
The term represents the visa on arrival travel or visa-free travel.
For this crucial survey, famous advisory firm Arton Capital has taken around 193 passports of the United Nations member countries and six territories out of which Singapore has topped the ranks.
"For the first time ever an Asian country has the most powerful passport in the world. It is a testament of Singapore's inclusive diplomatic relations and effective foreign policy," said Philippe May, managing director of Arton Capital's Singapore office. As per the list, Afghanistan ranked 94, followed by Pakistan and Iraq at 93 and Syria and Somalia at 92 and 91 respectively.
1. Singapore (Score- 159)
2. Germany (Score-158)
3. Sweden, South Korea (Score-157)
4. Denmark, Finland, Italy, France, Spain, Norway, Japan, United Kingdom (Score-156)
5. Luxemburg, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Portugal (Score-155)
6. Malaysia, Ireland, Canada, United States of America (Score-154)
7. Austria, Greece, New Zealand (Score-153)
8. Malta, Czech Republic, Iceland (Score-152)
9. Hungary (Score-150)
10. Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia (Score-149)
India, which was listed 78th, last year, has improved its ranking, taking 75th position with a visa-free score of 51.