The new Vande Bharat Express train has been started for New Delhi to Vaishno Devi, Katra, Jammu. Union Home Minister Amit Shah himself flagged off for the train. This express train has been launched to reduce the journey time between Delhi to Katra by eight hours. This train will halt at Ambala Cantt, Ludhiana and Jammu Tawi for a short duration of two minutes each. It is a second Vande Bharat Express train, the first one move between Delhi and Varanasi. The first train for this route will start from 5th Oct 2019 and you can book the train tickets online.
It is one of the biggest gifts for Jammu & Kashmir’s state development and for promoting religious tourism. The initial timing of New Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express train is 6 am that will depart from New Delhi to reach Katra at 2 PM. On the return journey, the train will leave from Katra at 3 PM and will reach New Delhi Railways Station at 11 PM. The train that will depart from New Delhi is numbered as 22439 and the train that departs from Katra is numbered as 22440.
Please note that the train will ply all days of the week except Tuesday.
The train fares for New Delhi to Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Station will be INR 1,630 (Minimum) and INR 3,014 (Maximum). Even there will be an additional catering service for the passengers on the train.
Other Highlights of Vande Bharat Express Train
- Vande Bharat Express train has been designed and built by ICF Chennai.
- Vande Bharat Express train offers opulent seating with air-conditioned coaches having chair car service.
- It has 16 coaches and reduces travel time by 40 percent.
- It has a bigger pantry as compared to another Vande Bharat Express.
- The windows are large to enjoy the outer view and protected against stone-pelting.
- The train has a free Wi-Fi connection and CCTV surveillance.
- The catering is optional and passengers can choose not to opt for food.
- The train is having LED lighting system and bio-vaccum type toilets.
The railway is planning to launch 40 more trains by 2022. When the railway is easing your journey why not avail such awesome benefit? Go ahead and book your train tickets to travel with your family.